Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, May 23, 2016

4 Layered Fabric Painting!

I love the look of layered fabric painting especially the last fabric in the pile. I stacked cotton, silk, silk organza and rayon organza on a plastic covered work surface and misted with water. Due to the texture of the rayon organza on top of the pile I'm not sure how much moisture actually got through the other layers but I went for it. 
4 layers of translucent Seta Color ready for their reveal!

Peeling rayon organza

There goes the silk organza

Off comes the silk

The final layer of cotton.
I like the voids of white and the "misty" look of the colors. 
I'm not sure if the layers should stay together or move on and become separate projects... it will be lots of fun deciding! 

5 comments:

  1. Carol, Great technique and results!! Thanks for the inspiration this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are very cool.
    What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! I used Seta Color translucent fabric paints :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I think I'll give it a try. Your work is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete