Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fabric Paint + Ice Cubes = Cool Effect!

I've been playing with ice cubes again but this time with fabric paint rather than dye. The end result is a fun crystal look that can get pretty wild depending on the colors used! In this post I used black... not such wild a color but those posts will come later! 
First I painted the entire surface with black fabric paint.
Next I crinkled the fabric and randomly placed ice cubes across the fabric.  

Once the fabric was completely dried (this can take a while!) I heat set
with a dry iron for permanency. 

This is one of the rare times with the design on the back of the fabric
might be more fun than the front! 

The back is gray vs. black but the crystal-look seems sharper.
I can't wait to show you more... my next playtime will include 
multicolored pieces that are truly wild! 

Have you played with ice cubes lately?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment