Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sun Printing with Fabric Paints!


The day was sunny and warm creating the perfect conditions for painting with Setacolor fabric paints. We have a weeping cherry tree in the yard that needed a trim so I snipped off a few branches to use for this project.

I started by painting red and pink paint across the surface of the fabric. I laid the leaves on top of the wet paint and repainted some leaves with a light green. After the paint was completely dried I heat set the fabric with a hot dry iron.

I like finding organic materials around the yard for sun printing. I really don't know how the paint reacts to the sun... magic... Keebler Elves... I'm not sure but the end results are fun!


Hand Painted and Sun Printed Cotton

Hand Painted and Sun Printed Cotton - Detail



No comments:

Post a Comment