Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fabric Dyeing!

With the backyard encased in snow I feel the need to create vibrant bright pieces of fabric! Don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate the colors of winter but by the end of February my soul needs a pick me up! I used the ice dyeing technique for the first three pieces. The next three incorporates confetti dyeing but with a twist. My goal was to create the illusion of folds in the fabric giving it a 2D feel.

Ice Dyed

Ice Dyed

Ice Dyed

Confetti Dyed

Confetti Dyed

Confetti Dyed

5 comments:

  1. Your dyed fabric is fantastic, specially the ice dyed ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Carol! Your patterns are incredible! Did you do the parfait style, or one layer? And I forget... do you use a rack, or just put the fabric in a container with the ice on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use the parfait technique for these fabrics - just one yard pieces in individual pails. Recently I started to use an overturned small plastic bowl in the bottom of the pail. It seems to help reduce the risk of having larger white spots left on the fabric. I've never used a rack - do you like the rack?

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. No, I usually don't use a rack, just scrunch the fabric in the bottom of my container. You get such wonderful painterly markings, quite different than what I get! Amazing that the same technique nets such an array of results!

    ReplyDelete