Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Wool Roving

I'm out of fabric for dying which always forces me to pay attention to the rest of the wonderful materials I have in my studio. With so many creative products at my fingertips it's easy to find inspiration.  After scanning the goodies I decided to pull out my wool roving.



As a member of the Connecticut Fiber Arts Collective we exhibit together throughout the year. We have an upcoming show in December with a Connecticut Landscape theme. The first image that comes to mind is a physical landscape but I wanted to take a different approach. I thought of Connecticut's communities and cultures and eventually settled on Connecticut's people.

Having decided on working with felt I started creating faces using as many different skin tones as possible. I'm still working on the construction of the piece and having fun free-motion quilting the faces. When I'm done there will be about 30 little personalities. The project needs to be ready to hang by December 1st so I should really be working and not blogging right now!

I'm calling the piece "Facescape"


Look for "Connecticut Landscapes" opening at the Prospect Library on December 1st and running through the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. What a clever interpretation. I love needle felting. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete