Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Fabric Dying Hurricane Style!

My house is now warm and the lights turn on with the flick of a switch - thank goodness! When the power first went out and the wind was howling I knew the freezer would not last long so I did what any concerned homeowner would do... I got ready to ice dye! I soaked my fabric and lined up the dye pots. When it was time to sprinkle the dye powder over the fabric and ice I had to use a flashlight. It was challenging but I went for it and walked away... for 5 days! I wasn't able to finish off the fabric until the power came back so I wasn't really sure what to expect. In the end all was well and I have some fun new fabric to add to my stash.

Ice Dying: Violet and Pink

Ice Dying: Yellow, Blue and Bronze

Ice Dying: Rose, Green, Blue and Yellow

I also had a couple of Confetti Dyed pieces of fabric waiting to be rinsed and washed. I'm still curious with how the color molecules separate and never get tired of the affect!
 
Confetti Dyed: Moss Green

Confetti Dyed: Avocado Green

5 comments:

  1. Hah! Made me think of the saying, "when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade"! Very good job of it! I love how the fabrics came out, and I'm very glad you have had your power restored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great way to turn this storm into something beautiful just like Judy said. Beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies - thanks for the fun comments! I have a feeling you would approach melting ice in the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this storm really brought you something good. I love your fabrics and I love your thinking! best wishes from acros the pond (the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete