Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sisters: finding inspiration in a photograph

"Sisters" was inspired by a photograph I took of Hannah and her sister Lindsey while on vacation in Maui. We were on the back side of Mt. Haleakala when we came across a beautiful stone church. The setting was so simple and peaceful we stopped to enjoy the serenity. Once I took the photo I knew I wanted to include the sisters in a design because it was such a caring scene. I live in New England and wanted the sisters to be in a more familiar setting so I decided they would equally enjoy picking apples... that's the beauty of the inspiration; you can take it in any direction you'd like!

Sisters
Hand painted background with varies dying techniques for the other fabrics.
27.5" X 12.5"

The design on the back of the jacket was created by felting wool roving.

The sisters hair was made from confetti dyed fabric.

The original photo of Hannah and Lindsey!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary! It was fun to do.... I'm thinking about putting the sisters in other scenes for a series. So many ideas... so little time!

    ReplyDelete