Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Identity!

The Connecticut Fiber Arts Collective is putting together our 3rd show with an "Identity" theme. We're creating small works that relate to our perception of Identity. It's difficult to portray yourself in such a small space... I felt like I was tweeting in fabric! The show will be hosted by the Levi Coe Library in Middlefield, CT for the month of November! I came up with 4 designs... remember they are not a likeness, they are a suggestion!



This piece is tilted "Self Indulgence" and represents my love of
all things coffee and chocolate!



The second piece is titled "Wants vs. Needs". I was feeling rather pouty
because my desire to spend all my waking hours in my studio
was interrupted by my real-life responsibilities!




Here we have "Granola Girl" because I'm happiest when I feel
a connection to nature and all that she offers!



Finally we have "Firmly Planted" which represents the strong family ties
and connections I have with me at all times; my family is amazing!


Please join the Connecticut Fiber Arts Collective for a meet the artist reception at the Levi Coe Library on November 3rd. Mary Lachman will be giving a hands on demonstration of quilting from 6:00 - 6:45 followed by the artist reception. I will also be there with hand dyed and hand painted fabrics for sale... it's going to be quite a night! I hope you can stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment